- Buy a binder - the 3 ring type that you can add the sheet protectors in. You are going to need it!
- Set the date! Once you tell people you are engaged they are going to ask "When is the wedding?" Unless you plan to get married right away it's best (for your wallet/sanity) to give yourself at least 6 months to a year to plan your wedding...although after a month or so of planning you might decide you just want to elope!
- Figure out a budget! Are your folks going to help? Are you and your fiance doing it alone? This is my 3rd step because seriously once you start looking (and dreaming) you are going to have a thousand ideas going through your head! If you know your budget it will help keep you in check!
- Set a realistic guest list. You are blending families - and each parent will most likely want Cousin Al and Aunt Sally, whom you haven't seen since you were 2 at your wedding! If your parents are helping pay for the wedding - believe me, they are going to want a say to who is invited - or not invited! But keep in mind this is YOUR day. Once you have a general idea of how many people you are inviting...
- Find a ceremony/reception venue. I know a lot of brides are now looking a package places (where the ceremony and reception are at the same place) and this is a great idea for your budget. If you have your ceremony one place and reception at another it involves more costs (venue, transportation, transporting flowers, decorations, gifts, etc). Finding the place you are going to get married may also change your date...your original date could already be booked!
Popular Posts
-
Ok, the title is cheesy! But, it made me laugh! I came across this unique idea and it's yummy too! Jones Soda has an option to make you...
-
By Robbie Keane While looking for just the right gifts for weddings, keep in mind what you know about the couple. Choose something that you ...
-
So...I was imagining a couple that met traveling or perhaps work for an airline....or maybe a couple that tried out for The Amazing Race...t...
-
I have a lot of pictures that I like to use in my posts - it makes it a lot easier to show all the fun things I like to write about! So, tod...
-
Make Your own wedding bouquets : Akin to dream marriage planning, will plan to marriage flowers or bouquet. Wedding flower elevate grace or ...
-
Only a few days left to enter our two April giveaways! The main April giveaway will close at 10pst on April 24th (that's THIS Saturday...
-
Ok, so I finally got everything organized from my Las Vegas Bridal Market Trip! I collected so much information while I was there! Here are ...
-
My blog is still being typed from the wonderful state of Maryland! We extended our time out here, but will be heading home in a couple of we...
-
Hey Orange County brides....I am hosting a special giveaway - just for you! I have never had a giveaway quite like this one - for several re...
-
Japanese bridal fashion designer Eiko owns and runs Aliansa , a wedding dress boutique that specializes in contemporary Kimono wedding gow...
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Planning a Wedding 101 - Part 1
Labels:
Wedding Planning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment