I stopped over at Something Green today and found a very helpful "Green Glossary"! I wanted to share it with my readers too because when I first started posting this month about Green Weddings I didn't really understand all the different meanings! Sure, I always hear or see the word "organic" and I knew what that meant - but I can honestly say the one thing that has inspired me the most this month is finding things that are Fair Trade items. Something Green is also looking for folks like you who will be adding green touches to their wedding! Get inspired...or better yet...inspire someone else over at Something Green!
Organic: The product has been grown without the use of toxic chemicals, fertilizers, pesticides, etc.
Natural or All-Natural: The product has been processed and/or finished using exclusively natural ingredients.
Eco-Friendly: The product has been produced in a way that is less harmful to the environment and to the consumer.
Made in USA: The product has been manufactured, produced and finished in the United States.
Fair Trade: The artisans who have created/assisted in the production of the product have received livable wages, fair working conditions and otherwise equitable treatment. Often, the company that has created/assisted in the creation of the item has reinvested back into the community where the item was produced, grown, etc.
All text copyright Angela M. Graziano/Something Green, 2009-2010
Popular Posts
-
Ok, the title is cheesy! But, it made me laugh! I came across this unique idea and it's yummy too! Jones Soda has an option to make you...
-
By Robbie Keane While looking for just the right gifts for weddings, keep in mind what you know about the couple. Choose something that you ...
-
So...I was imagining a couple that met traveling or perhaps work for an airline....or maybe a couple that tried out for The Amazing Race...t...
-
I have a lot of pictures that I like to use in my posts - it makes it a lot easier to show all the fun things I like to write about! So, tod...
-
Make Your own wedding bouquets : Akin to dream marriage planning, will plan to marriage flowers or bouquet. Wedding flower elevate grace or ...
-
Only a few days left to enter our two April giveaways! The main April giveaway will close at 10pst on April 24th (that's THIS Saturday...
-
Ok, so I finally got everything organized from my Las Vegas Bridal Market Trip! I collected so much information while I was there! Here are ...
-
My blog is still being typed from the wonderful state of Maryland! We extended our time out here, but will be heading home in a couple of we...
-
Japanese bridal fashion designer Eiko owns and runs Aliansa , a wedding dress boutique that specializes in contemporary Kimono wedding gow...
-
Last week, I arrived back in Southern California from a trip to the Mexican Riviera. My first stop: Starbucks! To my utter surprise and deli...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment