The past few days I have been in one of my favorite places...Las Vegas! I was lucky enough to be invited up to attend the Fall Bridal Market at the Rio hotel! Market time always starts in Vegas - and then moves onto Chicago, Dallas, New York, etc. This is the market where all the wedding pro's show off their new dress lines (these are for the Fall 2010 dresses). It was really awesome to see some friends I haven't seen in awhile!! When I owned my shop, I would attend the Fall and Spring markets in Vegas to do my buying - it was a little different this time being on the other side! The Fall market is typically smaller and this one was no exception...but some of my favorites were there (Bonny, Allure, Maggie Sottero, Casablanca). I have a new favorite wedding dress though...ok, ok more then one!! I couldn't stop ooh'ing and aah'ing at the adorable flowergirl dresses - I just love them! Joan Calabrese has the most amazing flowergirl dresses, but I have to say ouch on the price! Tip Top Kids has some cute dresses with little bolero jackets! All the glitzy prom lines were there - color, color everywhere!! I immediately went looking for an old friend, Sue. She owns a company called Hera's Gem. She has the most beautiful bridal jewelry!! I wish she had a website or pictures online so I could show you her beautiful pieces - but she only sells to salons and her items aren't available direct. Insert sad face here. If you are looking for some well made, quality jewelry make sure to ask your bridal salon if they carry this line - you will be happy you found them! The big draw to bridal market though is...BRIDAL. There were some real standouts for me as I browsed around! One of my all time favorite companies - Bonny - had some gorgeous dresses!! I love Bonny for several reasons...I know their product well....I sold them in my store for years. They make a quality product and their prices (on the retail side) are excellent! There is one dress in particular that I am in love with though and once I sift through all my pictures I will post it (The dress has an awesome orange sash and I am all over this color!!).
I am glad to be back home though and I have a lot of catching up to do! I have the most amazing hubby who braved my normal job, being the 24/7 caretaker to our 3 year old daughter! He is always very helpful with her, but I don't think he has had 3 days with her alone - ever. So, a big shout out to him for doing that while I got to get away and play...literally! haha.
Popular Posts
-
Ok, the title is cheesy! But, it made me laugh! I came across this unique idea and it's yummy too! Jones Soda has an option to make you...
-
By Robbie Keane While looking for just the right gifts for weddings, keep in mind what you know about the couple. Choose something that you ...
-
So...I was imagining a couple that met traveling or perhaps work for an airline....or maybe a couple that tried out for The Amazing Race...t...
-
I have a lot of pictures that I like to use in my posts - it makes it a lot easier to show all the fun things I like to write about! So, tod...
-
Make Your own wedding bouquets : Akin to dream marriage planning, will plan to marriage flowers or bouquet. Wedding flower elevate grace or ...
-
Only a few days left to enter our two April giveaways! The main April giveaway will close at 10pst on April 24th (that's THIS Saturday...
-
Ok, so I finally got everything organized from my Las Vegas Bridal Market Trip! I collected so much information while I was there! Here are ...
-
My blog is still being typed from the wonderful state of Maryland! We extended our time out here, but will be heading home in a couple of we...
-
Japanese bridal fashion designer Eiko owns and runs Aliansa , a wedding dress boutique that specializes in contemporary Kimono wedding gow...
-
Last week, I arrived back in Southern California from a trip to the Mexican Riviera. My first stop: Starbucks! To my utter surprise and deli...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment