A special "Thank You" to Bonny for allowing me to use their image
Popular Posts
-
Ok, the title is cheesy! But, it made me laugh! I came across this unique idea and it's yummy too! Jones Soda has an option to make you...
-
By Robbie Keane While looking for just the right gifts for weddings, keep in mind what you know about the couple. Choose something that you ...
-
So...I was imagining a couple that met traveling or perhaps work for an airline....or maybe a couple that tried out for The Amazing Race...t...
-
I have a lot of pictures that I like to use in my posts - it makes it a lot easier to show all the fun things I like to write about! So, tod...
-
Make Your own wedding bouquets : Akin to dream marriage planning, will plan to marriage flowers or bouquet. Wedding flower elevate grace or ...
-
Only a few days left to enter our two April giveaways! The main April giveaway will close at 10pst on April 24th (that's THIS Saturday...
-
Ok, so I finally got everything organized from my Las Vegas Bridal Market Trip! I collected so much information while I was there! Here are ...
-
My blog is still being typed from the wonderful state of Maryland! We extended our time out here, but will be heading home in a couple of we...
-
Hey Orange County brides....I am hosting a special giveaway - just for you! I have never had a giveaway quite like this one - for several re...
-
Japanese bridal fashion designer Eiko owns and runs Aliansa , a wedding dress boutique that specializes in contemporary Kimono wedding gow...
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Buying a new dress or a sample dress
A friend of a friend went dressing shopping over the weekend. She went into this store that is closing and they have all their dresses marked down - but the problem (or is it one?) is that she has to buy the store sample gown. The discount isn't that great and there are beads missing and it would need to be cleaned. I started thinking about the pros of buying, what essentially, is a used dress. The one thing that stands out, of course, is price. In this particular case I didn't think the discount warranted the problems with buying a dress that needed so much work. This is when good negotiating tactics come into play! Buying a new dress you have to wait (average time is 3 months for delivery). Some brides may not have this time, so buying off the rack or a sample dress is the only way to go. The dress she tried on was similar to this one - but this one has a detachable train - which I love! You can save a lot of money on alterations having a dress with detachable train! But, the best thing about this dress is the dropped waist with the gathers in the middle. It is super flattering on the body!
Labels:
Bonny,
Wedding Gowns I Love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment